A brief timeline of my education and experience!
  • Worked in an office for Medray Imaging in 2007, completing general filing and office work.
  • Worked for Team Aquatic Supplies selling high end swim suits, accessories, and other fitness related equipment 2007 until January 2012.
  • Refereed lacrosse in 2007 and 2008.
  • Graduated from Thomas Haney Secondary School in 2009, in my hometown of Maple Ridge, B.C.
  • Worked as a swim coach for the Haney Seahorse Swim Club from 2009 until 2011, coaching ages 5-16.
  • Volunteered at Elizabeth’s Wildlife Centre in Abbotsford, B.C. from 2010 until 2011, cleaning the animals and their cages, feeding and watering, administering medication, and educating the general public about animal habitat and rehabilitation.
  • Worked for Golden Ears Physiotherapy from February 2012 to December 2016. Duties included drafting/editing and sending timely and confidential reports; working up front with patients; dealing with assorted insurance companies deadlines and requirements for confidentiality; opening and closing the clinic; and dealing with issues that arose in the clinic.
  • Completed two practicums with the Conservation Officer Service (COS) in Chilliwack for my Criminal Justice Degree, totaling at 400 hours, where I displayed knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations/policies and laws. My duties included attending meat cutters to check compliance; collecting data; correlation of data; and identifying and following up on violations. I went on many ride-alongs and conducted many fishing checks, hunting checks and dealt with bear traps. I also educated the public on current regulations; keeping lawful game and gear; dealing with human-wildlife conflict situations; and firearm safety/transportation.
  • Traveled through Southeast Asia from January to March in 2016, going to Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand.
  • Obtained my Degree in Criminology/ Criminal Justice from the University of the Fraser Valley in March 2017.
  • Worked for the Conservation Officer Service as an Auxiliary Conservation Officer in the Aquatic Invasive Species Program from March 2017 to May 2018. Duties include ensuring compliance through roadside checkstops with boat inspections, operating and maintaining the decontamination equipment, setting up and taking down all roadside equipment, creating and issuing the appropriate orders where necessary, public outreach, maintaining thorough communication between our other locations across the province, including separate programs in other provinces/states, and working closely with other law enforcement agencies and other organizations such as the RCMP, Conservation Officer Service, Natural Resource Officers, and the Department of Transportation.
  • Enrolled at Thompson Rivers University (TRU) May 2018 and took pre-requisites for the Bachelor of Education program until April 2019.
  • Currently a Teacher Candidate in the 2019-2021 Bachelor of Education (Elementary) program at TRU!